"As the pandemic challenged educators and school leaders to pivot and deliver innovative methods to reach students virtually, we challenged ourselves to improve the Inno™ app to better serve our education partners as well as expand our support offerings."
Ask any school age student, and the first days of school are typically some of the most memorable. New teachers, new classes and the smell of fresh school supplies are accompanied by a collective sense of excitement and anticipation for what the new year will bring. Obviously, this academic year couldn’t have been more different, as the sound of the first bell was replaced with the sound of a laptop powering up for the nearly 56 million students enrolled in K-12 across the United States.
As the pandemic challenged educators and school leaders to pivot and deliver innovative methods to reach students virtually, we challenged ourselves to improve the Inno™ app to better serve our education partners as well as expand our support offerings.
Here are just some of the new initiatives we launched and new features that have been added to Inno.
- The Back to School Playbook, a compilation of best practices to help school leaders plan toward a safe return back to school and prepare for remote learning. Current partners will have a set of smart strategies preloaded in their Inno®️ app so they can get started right away.
- Innoverse events - a series of webinars showcasing education innovation practices aligned to the Playbook to connect our partners to one another and provide additional support in areas of high need
- Book Meetings Instantly - Partners wanted the ability to book meetings with the Innovare team without the back and forth typically required of scheduling. We listened, and built a feature that allows you to book a meeting right within the app.
That’s not all - we’re still working to make continuous updates. Here are new features coming soon:
- Users will be able to start a Google Meet or Zoom meeting from within the Inno dashboard
- Miro, a collaborative digital whiteboard that can be used for brainstorming and planning will be available within Inno®️ for free, allowing our partners and their teams to get together virtually.
While school leaders plan for an unprecedented fall semester, we are committed to supporting our education partners by developing app features and services that will help make planning easier and more effective. Delivering solutions to create more impact for students, teachers, and leaders is and always will be our mission and we are proud to work hand in hand with leaders to support them in reaching their goals despite the challenges they face. If you work in the education sector, let us know - how are you feeling about the new way of doing school as a result of the pandemic?